[Record of Pain: Defeated Fin Modria.]
[Completed the final penance.]
[‘Qualifications’ are given to all surviving ascetics.]
[The only one who is qualified is the one who wants in the labyrinth. You can get it.]
[You can finish the adventure when the time limit expires or when you select a reward.]
The soul dolls standing on the battlefield began to disappear like dust.
The replicas created with Finn’s ruby mirror have long since disappeared. Only four people remained on the battlefield.
Snowfall and his summons. And Park Chang-sik, who has a limp.
Kangseol held onto the broken railing and retched.
[Your current magic power is below 5%.]
[You will experience a magic power deficiency.]
[The speed of magic recovery is reduced by 50% for 5 minutes.]
[You used excessive magic power at once.]
[Status abnormality for one day: Dizziness. suffers from.]
[The cooldown of the ability increases by 10%.]
Park Chang-sik came groggily.
“Is everything… over?”
“Now… can we get out of here?”
-seol, who lost one arm, chewed and swallowed the hemostatic and painkillers he took out of his belongings and then handed them to Park Chang-sik.
And he nodded.
“It’s all over.”
Kang Seol’s quiet words summarized the situation in one line. And the viewers who were waiting for it cheered.
‘Labyrinth of Penance’ sponsored Madness by 1000!
[Hey! Read and understand! You’re still going to wake up like this?]
– I believed it! (I stopped subscribing for a while)
– You broke this?
– How did you wake up?
– Let’s see… Has it already been 4 months?
– Crazy;; It took up so much time ㄷㄷ
– Seriously, it’s not strange to get mentally ill in a labyrinth.
‘Traitors’ sponsored Madness by 1200!
[You all ran away from the penance of patience! Did you come back after taking the coordinates after hearing the news that you had woken up?]
– Haha… We were always together in our hearts (a lie)
– The heart is what’s important! (I didn’t even have a heart)
– You crazy b*stards who spend 4 months watching others suffer Isn’t it strange?
– ㄹㅇ ㅋㅋㅋ There’s no need for me to suffer as well
– But during Snowman’s off-season, the subscribers here go to other rooms and spit in their anger lol
– Example) Ah… That’s not what Snowman did… How could Snowman do that? If you did it…
– Example) Seup… Snowman did it first… Did you get permission from Snowman?
– The listeners are going crazy haha
– Oh, they’re back here now haha You have to be careful what you say.
‘Real-time’ sponsored Madness by 800!
[Is the speed at which viewers are returning real… It’s The Return of the King]
– The speed at which the numbers are soaring is completely opposite to my stock.
– It makes me proud for no reason… I thought you guys… forgot about Snowman!
– Teacher… Why are you feeling proud…
– But the speed at which the number of viewers is increasing again is legendary. They are coming back like migratory birds.
– Just a month ago) All viewers turned their backs!
– Look at the speed at which donations are pouring in. A monthly sponsorship for a popular broadcast these days is equivalent to a one-day sponsorship for Snowman. – It’s a donation at
6:32 at the current time. A jungle of donations. Haha.
‘Toki’ has sponsored Madness by 1000!
[What should I do ㅠㅠ You just suffer until the end…]
– Isn’t that okay because you’re dead?
– Is it over when you die? But it doesn’t seem like it; That reaper just sucked up all the souls, right?
– But what is Finn Modria? Seriously, the difficulty level went crazy;; Why are you so strong?
– There is no information at all. Please give me some information!
‘Nunks!’ You supported Madness by 500!
– (I expected a comment about the new era or something)
– Expected to be wrong.
– Wow, the snowman is really evil. My arm flew off there, and I clenched my teeth and hit it away ㄷㄷ
– But it was ruined ㄹㅇ;;
– Because of the aftereffects… I wish I had lost an arm…
– I woke up… It’s not that I lost well, it’s bad;
– I won, but I couldn’t fight. Damn it! Without an arm, a raven is a seal.
– The snowman that I beat is a legend, and that boss that I write about whenever I’m bored is also a legend; I even blew off one of the snowman’s arms lol
– that was the snowman’s adventure so far. Starting next week, a retired adventurer’s diary of returning to another world will be broadcast.
– Oh… that’s also mouth-watering…
Their various reactions were mixed in the chat window, making it reminiscent of a market for a while.
Kang Seol, who had no way of knowing such circumstances, waited for Park Chang-sik to hear about the effects of the hemostatic agent.
“It’s more about that arm than my wound…”
Kang Seol’s right arm has completely disappeared from her shoulder.
As for the cut on his thigh, it seemed like he could fully recover if he returned to the base and received treatment from a priest and recuperated, but there was no answer for the disappearance of Kang Seol’s arm.
Kang Seol frowned in pain and said.
“I’m a little… tired from the painkillers.”
“Let’s go over for now.”
The bridge, which had been broken once during a fierce battle, was made exactly as it was before. Even this was the power of the labyrinth.
That one… that one…
they were ugly. No, it was miserable.
One who lost an arm and tried to stand in front of the statue with a dark expression, and one who lost all his friends in the labyrinth while limping.
If someone who didn’t know what they had been through had seen it, they would have laughed out loud.
– It was a truly legendary mud fight.
– You have to struggle like this to get your first title, everyone!
– Skills, summons, and perseverance… What else can you have without a snowman?
– Right arm
– You really…
Kang Seol and Park Chang-sik came over from the battlefield and looked at the statues.
A total of 5 statues.
A voice came from the statues.
“You have proven it. You deserve your worth.》
《You will receive your deserved reward》
《Those who are worthy…》
《Observe the order.》
《Speak your wishes.》
The knight, wizard, shepherd, and demonic beast harvester each spoke. .
Park Chang-sik looked at the snowfall. It was a question about order.
Kang Seol responded by slightly nodding his head. It was a gesture telling Park Chang-sik to choose first.
Park Chang-sik limped and stood in front of the knight statue.
“Are you seeking strength? Do you want honor and honest violence? Say what you wish.》
He hesitated for a moment and then headed to another statue. It was a statue of a wizard.
《Qualified one, I can give you nothing.》
Next is the statue of the shepherd.
“I can hear the moaning of the Lamb. Do you want to escape from suffering?》
Statue of a demonic beast.
“If you want to gain wealth and treasure, want me. Then I will fill your hands with everything.》
And the harvester.
《Aspiring one, do you want to know about death?》
Park Chang-sik’s eyes were cloudy.
It seemed like a person who wanted something, but there was no desire in it.
He stood in front of the statue of a demonic beast holding a treasure chest.
“Treasure… I want the treasure of the labyrinth.”
[The Carry Machine selects the Demon Beast’s wish.]
The Demon Beast statue’s eyes flashed.
“You will have what you want.”
The treasure chest that the demonic beast statue was holding fell down. Park Chang-sik quietly approached and opened the treasure chest.
Bright light, ominous light, and colorful light flashed within the treasure chest. Even with the snowfall looking over his shoulder, the reward was significant.
– and Mr.; The number is no joke ㄷㄷ
– From treasures to hideous things haha, it seems like there is no need for extravagance? Isn’t the appearance of Buddhist appropriation different?
– Still, it looks like there are about 15 of them.
(Information) In any case, half of them will have to be collected as a joint commission.
Even with such an enormous treasure, Park Chang-sik’s stern face did not straighten.
– But why is he like that?
– Are you in your right mind when all your colleagues are looking for you?
– ㅉㅉ Even if it’s just me, it looks like it’s going to be a hit.
– If it were you, wouldn’t you already be in that lantern?
– Do you want to fight?
Park Chang-sik, with a dejected expression, lowered his head and looked at the items in the box for a while.
After deciding to enter the Labyrinth of Asceticism, Snowfall had only one wish.
He stood in front of the knight statue.
《Tell me what you want! One who knows honor.》
A choice came to mind.
[The knight statue in the labyrinth tells you to tell him what you want. How would you answer?]
1. I want a very sharp sword.
2. I hope for unbreakable swordsmanship.
3. Teachings that lead to a great path!
4. Give me what I need most that you can give.
Kang Seol headed to the other statue without replying.
《What do you want? Child of Shadow.》
[The statue of the wizard in the labyrinth tells you to tell him what you want. How would you answer?]
1. I want to learn dimensional magic.
2. I want a lot of wisdom.
3. Powerful magic tools!
4. I want to take a peek beyond the barrier of enlightenment.
Snowfall skipped over to the shepherd statue following the wizard. And we arrived in front of the Demon Beast statue that Park Chang-sik had chosen.
– treasure! treasure!
– show me the money!
– 10000 minerals! Gas 10000!
– Of course, it’s a treasure after finishing hard work haha
Kang Seol passed by before the demonic beast statue could finish speaking.
– … uh?
– Don’t you accept treasure?
– Demon Beast is confused;;
– ??? : It’s the same everywhere else, I’ll give it to you for cheaper. huh?
When he stood in front of the statue of the Harvester, the statue said:
《Do you want death from me?》
[The reaper statue in the labyrinth asks you to tell me what you want. How would you answer?]
1. I want to know about death.
2. They only desire that power.
3. We want to exert a powerful spirit.
4. Please tell me the secret of the labyrinth.
Kangseol looked at the options and smiled without even realizing it.
“In the end… it turns out to be the same choice as before.”
《What do you want?》
The only reward he wanted from the beginning. A choice that others would call crazy.
Kang Seol clearly stated that choice.
“I want the liberation of all souls bound in the labyrinth.”
《… You only have to choose once, Ascetic.》
For some reason, the Harvester statue did not immediately reflect the choice.
Kang Seol nodded with confident eyes.
“Because I know…”
he said, gritting his teeth.
“…Give it back.”
There was silence in the chat window for a moment.
– for a moment;; What are you doing now?
– What are you doing after all that hard work!
– Are you saying this is a backstep as compensation?
Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu) With a rattle
with a rattle with a rattle with a rattle…
Light emanated from the harvester’s lantern.
Fuzzy souls poured out and hovered around the ceiling. And then he shouted.
【I can’t believe it!】
【Finally… are you finally free from this pain?】
【Why! Why did freedom come only now!】
【It was such a long, long time of pain.】
The souls fell to the floor one after another.
【Thank you so much!】
A soul came up to Kang Seol and tried to hug her.
But as it passed through him, it turned into smoke and disappeared.
[Receive the gift of the soul.]
[Dexterity increases by 1.]
The souls passed through Snowfall’s body, each saying a word.
“Truly… you have walked a difficult path.”
[Receive the gift of the soul.]
[Strength increases by 2.]
“I am deeply grateful for your aimless good will….”
[Receive the gift of the soul.]
[Wisdom increases by 1.]
Puss. .. Pussss…
A procession of souls that continues without knowing the end.
As the procession came to an end, a message occurred to me.
[Received the blessing of the soul.]
[Achieved the special achievement ‘No, and everything else.’]
[Obtained the special title “Godfather.”]
Many people’s souls have left, and now only one soul remains to face the snowfall. did.
Toki’s soul fell to the ground and stared at the snowfall with an expressionless face.
[The story of ‘Talkie’ begins.]
* * *
The endless desert The body burned and the spirit collapsed.
I’ve had the same dream for several days.
The voice of a gigantic being was heard beyond the desert sandstorm.
“Please…please just let me die! “You damn b*stard!”
The damned God beyond the storm scolds him again today.
“Don’t you know that death cannot save you?”
“I know! I know! But… But… Ugh….”
Toki buried his head in the sand, covered in tears.
“There is no hope….”
《Do you want hope?》
“Haha…Hope? Are you talking about something you’ve always longed for? Hey God.”
Toki’s eyes were red, consumed by despair.
“Until now… I’ve tried…”
“I tried to change everything, from my miserable birth to my weak body and weak mind… through effort. But… right? My end is to die alone, dry and lonely in a place like this where no one knows me, right? “Can’t I at least say that fate is harsh for you?”
《What do you want?》
It was a truly mysterious and heart-touching question.
It was just one sentence, but it was the question Toki had been longing for. So far, his fate has only been taken away from him.
“I too… want to be remembered. Oh, maybe everything I’ve done so far has been hypocrisy! Even so… towards the end….”
And then he appealed.
“I want to be remembered by people! He was a good person… a good… life. “The world has become a little better because of me.”
The being whose back was turned after hearing this spoke.
《Toki, the wish will come true.》
“One day, while walking in the desert, you will meet a man. That man is your destiny… and your clumsy god.》
《What will you do when he comes to you?》
《Think about the answer, Toki. Good one. When you give the right answer, you will be remembered by everyone in the world as you wish. Through one person’s memory. Your small actions… will change the world.》
* * *
The memory Toki had just recalled was not conveyed to Kang Seol. Kang Seol only felt the pain that Toki experienced.
Even the person who turned his back couldn’t hear him.
Even though the process was like this, the succession was accomplished safely.
[Inherited the legacy of ‘Toki’.]
[Inherited the abilities of the dead.]
the the brightly shining body of Snowfall.
Although his body was in tatters, an ecstatic light surrounded him.
[You inherit rare abilities.]
[You inherit Passive: Guts.]
[You inherit the mastery increase efficiency of all abilities and talents by 10%.]
[Vocation : The contents of the things that must be recovered are changed.]
After finishing everything, Toki’s soul looked exhausted.
“… Oh God.”
Kangseol didn’t know that the god Toki was calling for was himself. I just thought he was the god he always cried out to.
“Finally… there’s something left I’d like to ask.”
He asked, looking at the snowfall with receding eyes.
“This… the end of this tactless monk… no, not even the end…”
“Was it ugly?”
For Toki’s scattered soul, Kangseol told him what he most wanted to hear.
“I will definitely remember you, Toki.”
Toki opened his eyes wide at those words and looked at Kangseol.
“Then this Toki. The last one is…”
Toki said to his god.
“I will laugh.”
His sparse teeth made his smile shine even more.
Toki’s soul was scattered through the snowfall.
[I chose the liberation of all souls as a reward for breaking through the labyrinth.]
[A great achievement! ‘True penance’ is achieved.]
[Achievement title! You get 「Ascetic」.]
The horse saved God, and God saved the horse.
A new period next to an old comma. And…
Suddenly, Snowfall’s head turned at the sound coming from the harvester.
To be exact, it was the sound of a harvester’s lamp. The bottom of the lantern opened and something fell out of it.
Snowfall caught it before it fell.
A mysterious cloth with blood stains and a small object wrapped in it.
It was an item that could only be obtained when the soul of the labyrinth was liberated and the harvester’s lantern was empty.
The snowfall unraveled the ends of the cloth. There was writing written inside it.
– Finn Modria leaves a note to the Ascetic. This…
this cloth was a letter left by the Blood Saint. And the items enclosed within it were.
It was a crystal vial with a little red liquid sloshing around.
There was still one comma left in the labyrinth.